Monday 8 July 2013

It was Golden!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Hey there Hardy Clan!
 
Well this is some crazy news. Thank you for all of the details, it's hard not knowing these things. I found out by seeing a newspaper here about it all...for the past few days it's been on the front cover, so I only see crazy pictures. Anyways, I'm happy you are all safe. Stay that way. I love you all so much, and I think about all of you individually. haha Chad I remember how much it sucks to have DAYS of work just ruined by nature. Most annoying thing on this earth. ahh crazy crazy crazy. I'll be keeping everyone in my prayers, especially Rob Nelson's family. That is unbelievably devastating. I hope his family will be comforted in knowing that they will be together again. Times like these are when the gospel really can be a strength. Use these humbling circumstances as an opportunity to share the happy message that we know to be true.
 
Well lets see what things I can update you guys on...mostly everything has been pretty typical. Or as typical as missionary life can be. I am used to being stared down, fingered, simply stared at, ignored, yelled at, and every other thing. I am beginning to love it though ;) haha  It all makes it worth it when that one prepared soul makes that decision to have a real talk with you and shows real interest in the church. We teach ESL classes, and the people who come are beautiful in spirit. I love seeing how humble they are, I can relate, learning a language is tough! And being humble is one characteristic of someone ready to accept the gospel! One time I had a guy kind of ask if I could talk with him for a bit. he said "The real reason I came to these classes is to know more about your church." It was golden! That gave me an opportunity to talk to him about it, and leave him with a Book of Mormon! I just love people who are actually interested in hearing our message.
 
Mom I miss your cooking ;) hahaha We are so dirt poor out here...making a good meal just is barely realistic. I love going to members houses though, the Spanish culture is so kind, they never let you leave hungry. And the food is so awesome, I love it! Dad I think I'm going to start making the dinner that you always made, which was actually my favorite.  Rice, chicken, and corn. mmm that sounds so good right now.
 
Well thank you for the update everyone. I love you all so much, I cant say that enough. Make sure that you all stay safe, and help others in their time of need. I look forward every single week to hearing from you guys. You are all amazing.
 
No update on the visa ps. But one crazy cool update, we went to a broadcast yesterday for the new mission  presidents. And they said that throughout this next year, they will be implementing more technology, like allowing us on Facebook, and ipads, and phones, and other cool things! It blew my mind! So we'll see what happens with that! By the time Carson leaves, he'll be tweeting on his mission ;)
 
I love you all. Have an awesome week, congrats on the start of the summer :)
 
Love, Elder Hardy
 
OH PS I ATTENDED A BAPTISM YESTERDAY AND I SANG AT IT AND I ALSO TAUGHT A LESSON AT THE FRONT TO EVERYONE ALL IN SPANISH. YES I NEARLY PEED MY PANTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment