Monday 2 September 2013

My Heart Just Hurts For Some People.


Hola Todos! 
 
Well it has been another quick week over here on the other side of the world...I think the sun must move faster in the eastern hemisphere or something? ;) Haha no, but it has gone by quick. 4 months already, crazy.
 
Well there is soooooooo much in this email, that I don’t even know what to respond to! It's hard to organize thoughts and reply to everyone! But here we go. You guys seem to be doing so great back at home, all of you. You guys have been promised blessings back at home, both in the scriptures, and directly to me by President Pace. I can tell you are doing so great, so remember to count those blessings.
 
Dang I just want to reply to everything but I literally can't.  Like seminary starting, school starting,  Sunday, all this fun stuff I want to talk about! I guess just one of those sacrifices! But one thing, Aubrey and her leopard pants literally made me laugh so hard. Such a little fasionista little Aubs! I love you so much.
 
Okay well my week here in Barcelona. 
 
I went to the Sagrada Familia last Preparation Day. It is beautiful. And huge. I will send you pictures! 
 
We are now teaching a man named Felix from Nigeria. My heart just hurts for some people. Let’s just say that I think nearly 25% of the population here live on the streets...and it hurts me to see. But I love talking to them, they are great people. Anyways, Felix is from Nigeria, and he escaped here after running away from a bomb that went off in a church in Nigeria. He lost his mom during the bomb, so he doesn’t know where she is, or if she is alive. And his dad died a few months earlier from that type of bomb set off. But he opened up to us about this the very first lesson, and it was so hard to listen to. I just imagined if that was me. It would hurt me so deep if something ever happened like that to one of you guys...SO STAY SAFE. But he now has a baptismal date, and we are gonna help him out. I’m going to give him a white shirt, cause he literally has nothing. He doesn’t know what to do. 
 
We have a few more investigators with baptismal dates, so we are continuing to work hard with them. I love everyone we visit with; they are all so wonderful and nice. One family in particular really likes to feed us...haha the dad from Argentina is such a good cook...mmmm :)
 
A few nights ago we were walking around a little later at night, and we contacted a family on the street. They are from Romania, and around here they are known as Gypsies..if you’ve ever heard of them. But I made great little friends out of their three little kids, we ended up like running and skipping and jumping and just doing fun crazy stuff together...the whole time they were trying to steal my stuff, and take my wallet and such...so instead I just gave them a book of Mormon and a pamphlet of Jesus Christ. They loved it.
 
Well that is the main part of my week. Today we visited an Egyptian Museum, which was fun.  Its Elder Escobars birthday today, so we tried to have some fun! Then we went shopping and sightseeing and such. I’ll send you lots of pictures! CARSON I BOUGHT A BARCELONA JERSEY.  I took a picture, I know you like soccer, so I thought you would like it! 
 
Hey we started a Book or Mormon challenge as a mission. Started today. Finish by December 1st. So I’m in it with you guys. Let’s do this! I love you all so much. Each and every one of you. I will continue to pray for you all, even if you don’t need it ;) Keep growing, keep learning, and remember that it’s through our trials that we learn, not through our good times. So chin up!
 
Love, Elder Hardy
 
 
 
 
 
 










 
 

 
 




 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment