Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Field is White and We Are Harvesting It!


Monday August 19, 2013

Hello family!
Ahh I wish I had more time to email, because I got three awesome separate emails today. Thank you all so much, and just know that I read them and will try to reply! You are all the best!
Alright so my week this week! Lets see. So we work hard here, let's just say that. We literally are walking all day, unless we are teaching, which is over like five hours a day. So by the end of the day, you really enjoy your sleep.
We are baptizing a family this weekend, a mom and a dad and a little eight year old girl! She even asked me to do her confirmation, so I'm very excited to do that for her!
 
Hey this is a really fun fact, I flipped out when I heard this. So my companion Elder Escobar was actually companions with David Archuleta in the MTC! They email and everything. So that's mind blowing right?!
 
We are doing great here, working hard, teaching and talking to so many people daily. The field definitely is white, and we are harvesting it. I love that about this place, we are still being brought out of obscurity. It's amazing teaching people something new that they need to know!
The food here is pretty good. Everything is very expensive, so I'm learning to shop smart, for the things that will give me the most energy for the least amount of money. Although sometimes we treat ourselves by buying little pastries at the roadside shops, and they are delicious! Or bread shops, mmm. We also have to buy water, because we cant drink the tap water! And I drink lots, because its so hot here!
The language still is probably the hardest thing for me. I´m learning, but its still so hard to understand people. It still blows my mind that I am learning a whole new language...its a big task when you really think about it! but I know that if I have faith, it will keep coming quickly.
Anyways, I love you all, and so does Heavenly Father! He wants the best for us, just like our parents do. If you have any other specific questions, let me know!
Love, Elder Hardy
 



 
 
 
Elder Hardy with Elder Escobar and Elder McDermitt
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment